The candidates who pass X Standard or equivalent examinations with Mathematics and Science Subjects are eligible for admission into Polytechnic Colleges.
There is no age restriction to join the Diploma Courses with effect from the academic Year 2004-2005.
Special Reservation is being given to the following category:
- Son and Daughter of Ex-Servicemen
- Physically Handicapped People
- Son and Daughter of Burma/Ceylon repatriates
- Candidates Sponsored by other States
- Son ,Daughter ,Grandson and Granddaughter of Freedom Fighters
- Sports Quota- Participants of State Level and National Level Competitions only
The candidates have to obtain and submit separate applications from our institutions.The application from received from one institution cannot be used to apply for another institution. The filled – up application forms have to be submitted to our institution on or before the prescribed due date.Applications received after the due dates will be summarily rejected.
Lateral Entry Admissions
For Lateral Entry into the Second Year (III Semester) of the three year diploma courses,the candidates shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Academic or Vocational) of 10 plus 2 pattern,with the following conditions:
- Academic Stream candidates Should have compulsorily Studied Maths,Physics & Chemistry at 10 +2 level
- Vocation Stream candidates should have studied either Maths or Physics or Chemistry as one of the subjects of study along with the related Vocational Subject (Theory & Practical) at 10 +2 level
Their intake is restricted to 20% (10% for Academic + 10% for Vocational)of the sanctioned intake of the I Year Diploma Courses.
The candidates belonging to Tamilnadu State only are eligible to apply for the lateral entry admissions in Institution. There is no age limit for the admission.